Thursday, May 15, 2014

Conformity...yes or no?

I received a big poke from the universe today.  I find that when I keep alert to themes as they come across my radar…it is my guidance system speaking to me.

I have a bit of ADHD when I watch antennae TV ….and I channel surf.  This morning I got a small segment from Leave it to Beaver….that was about the son changing his hair style because the parents were worried about what other people might think.  Second, was Glen Beck shouting on the radio, “DON’T CONFORM!”  And third, as I was driving through Starbucks to get my daily latte, the guy at the drive thru looked at my dog in the back seat and said, “Is that a poodle?  I’ve never a seen a standard poodle like that.”  I explained he was a poodle with a mohawk haircut and a colorful neck bandana and his name was Buckaroo....a poodle with an attitude.

As I ponder what to take from these events, I hear a common theme hitting my radar…..about conformity.  My essence has always screamed Non-Conformity as almost a means of survival.  So my take for me is to confirm non-conformity, and reaffirm being my own unique self…. 

Shakespeare suggested the same to all of us, “To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.”

No comments:

Post a Comment