Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rock Divination Exercise

Last weekend I participated in a Rock Divination and marveled in the results.  I paired with my husband….so you need 2 people for this exercise, 3 sheets of paper per person and some rocks with interesting characteristics….very helpful.  

My husband brought his own rock…one that had jumped out of the ground to get his attention when he was churning up some dirt by his workshop.  I chose one that resonated with me from the ones provided by our facilitator (my friend Fraya).




The assignment was for 1 person to be the subject, to consider the rock and the other is the scribe.  Page 1 is numbered 1,2,3,4 with plenty of space between each number.  Page 2 is the same as 1 and Page 3 is where you write the issue you want some insight on.

Step 1:  I choose a question that I was seeking guidance from the rock…perhaps a better explanation is that you are using the rock as a tool to communicate with your higher self or even better……. the universal consciousness.  Write the question down on the 3rd piece of paper.

Step 2:  I had to choose “a side” of the rock that appealed to me.  Then, I pondered my question as I looked at the rock.  As I viewed the rock, my scribe wrote down (on page 1) my 4 images or impressions, emotions, etc that I got from the single side of the rock.  I had to spin my rock around several times to get the 4 images.

Step 3:  choose another side of the rock and do the same thing as Step 2 and put the images on page 2.

Step 4:  I considered each image on page 1 then 2, and I wrote down what each image meant to me.  I put my comments (in a different ink color), next to the image….I guess not everyone carries several different pens around with them all the time…..I do….I carry a spiral notebook around with me all the time….I’m kinda nerdy….part of my charm!

Step 5:  Then I put all 3 pages in front of me: the question and my interpretations of the images and what they meant to me.  I liked this to when I took tarot classes and and my instructor would giggle and say, “let it gestalt” (take form or shape).  And then I did a reading for myself.

It was fun and creative….I believe if we can get our egos out of the way, we can get to a place where we can access a place within ourselves where we can find our answers…and sometimes more questions.


I hope you enjoy this exercise, we did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment