Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In Search of Truth

A little about me…. I am a skeptic by nature and a recovering accountant.  I think things should be logical and I used to think that most things in life are black or white, right or wrong and there is 1 right answer to all questions.  And there are Truths (big “T”) that we all share.  How wrong could I be?  That’s where this path starts with me... discovering my truths.
I have always been drawn to science fiction, space and it is no surprise to anyone that I am a fan of Star Trek.  I liken my adventures to Star Trek and have adapted the opening monologue:
Energy: the final frontier. These are my adventures.  My lifetime mission: to explore strange new ideas, to experience awareness, enlightenment and the universal energy field, to boldly go where I have not been before.
As I have moved along my spiritual path, I have discovered that there is a lot of gray and there can be many “right” answers.  And how frustrating is that?  What is the Truth?
I have found in seeking the truth, the more it challenges my beliefs.  People want to help and are quick to speak the Truth (big “T”).  But what if it doesn’t feel right, if it doesn’t resonate?  I have a lot of questions and find that what has been represented to me as Truth (big “T”) is really their truth (little ”t”).   
I have decided that I am no longer willing to take someone else’s truth (little “t”) and make it my truth.  I have decided I am no longer content to sit back passively (listen and read)…I need to discover my truth and I need to actively experience it for myself.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment